If your like me, you like getting things for free. Whether it is winning free books from authors (one of my favorites) or just doing simple things each day in order to obtain free stuff, this can add up to put a dent in the cost of your book addiction (or any other addiction you may have) Here is a list of my 10 most used easy freebies.
1) Swagbucks : with only needing 450 points to snag a $5.00 Amazon gift card this is a great and easy way to reduce the cost of your next online shopping spree. 1 gift card a month is only 15 points each day. Points can be earned by searching, watching videos, polls, tasks, and even printing and using coupons. Swagbucks also offers referral points when people join.
2) Like watching TV? Then check out Viggle. Viggle is a smartphone app (available on android and in the apple app store) which offers points for each minute of TV you watch, plus bonus points for answering trivia questions, watching videos, or doing other tasks. With the Olympics on, it is a great time to join. I’ve been using Viggle for about 3 weeks and already racked up over 19,000 points. With rewards starting at 9,000 points, it will not take you long and all it takes is a simple tap and allowing the app to recognize the sounds coming from your TV (like shazam).
3) Shopkicks - Shopkicks is sort of like foursquare except your checking into specific retail stores for points and scanning products in stores for more points. Shokicks also offers walk in bonuses for many stores such as Macy’s, Target, and Best Buy. Rewards range from Facebook credits to Itune giftcards and more. Facebook credits start for as little as 25 points (which can easily be earned in 1 day sitting from home) and Best Buy gift cards at 500 points.
4) Savings Star and Cell Fire – Hate cutting coupons, hate trying to remember if you have a coupon for an item or not? Let Savings Star and Cell Fire step in for you. While the coupons are limited, they automatically connect to your grocery or pharmacy cards (limited to participating retailers) With cell fire you will see the amount come off your bill, with Savings Star it will deposit the money into your account which you can then use for Amazon gift cards or transfer to your paypal account. Savings Star frequently has $0.50 coupons for one box of cheerios which I use often.
5) Mypoints – Whatever way you choose to use Mypoints it is easy to earn points that you can turn into gift cards. I frequently save up those points for gift cards to use on vacation. Some will choose to shop through Mypoints (to earn points) or if your just like me and click emails and the occasional instant win games they run, it is another easy way to pick up freebies. You can also print grocery coupons to redeem and earn points.
6) Bondrewards – Like Mypoints this is a site where you can shop from or do click through emails to earn money. Once you’ve reached your redemption amount you can either take it as a $25.00 payout or a $50.00 savings bond. Since I usually only do click throughs it takes me about 12-18 months to earn a savings bond, but it is no time and best of all FREE.
7) Upromise, and Ebates are both sites where you earn money back for online purchases. Upromise has a bit more including a grocery coupons, loans, etc that you can earn money back on as well. Ebates issues you a check, Upromise you can receive your funds via a check, to use to pay down your student loans, or to be moved into a connected 529 account for future educational expenses. Ebates, currently has cash back shopping on specific purchases with Amazon, which is pretty rare to find.
8) Store Rewards – have a favorite place to shop to eat? Check to see if they have a rewards program. Best Buy, CVS, Kmart/Sears, TGIFridays, Perkins and more all have reward programs which give you the equivalent of in-store credit on your purchases. Many times all you have to do is present your card at checkout. I use an android app, KEYRING, to store all my reward program numbers so they are always on hand.
9) Drink coke products? Then you should be a member of Mycokerewards. Enter codes from coke products to earn points, turn points into fun stuff. I just redeemed points for a $20 visa gift card. Rewards range from gift certificates, amusement park admission (Six Flags and Universal Studios), magazines, coke branded products and more. There are also give-a-ways you can enter, usually for 3 points per entry. Points can be entered online, through facebook, or by text message.
10) Disney Movie Rewards - one of my favorite programs. Use codes from Disney Movies you have purchased or by redeeming ticket stubs from select movies to earn points. Also monthly emails will add additional points and i runs frequent promotional points as well. Rewards range from Disney gift cards to other Disney memorabilia. Also by registering your movie codes select movies will also be saved for online viewing in your account. If you go to join, look for a promotional offer for bonus points online
I am not always diligent in making sure I racked up my points. With some diligence and commitment it would be easy to score several hundred dollars in gift cards a year using these programs.